My mom came down to spend the day with me, yay! We started at the incredible Thanksgiving Point Gardens, one of her favorite places. Happy for her (and us), three of her daughters live within a few miles of Thanksgiving Point. The gardens are gorgeous this time of year, even more so this year because of all the rain we have had.I took more than twice this many pics. Too bad photos can't convey the vibrancy of the colors, or the sound of the stream and waterfalls, or the scent of the Rose Garden and the honeysuckle that lines the path into the Secret Garden. What a beautiful, peaceful place. And Beethoven's Adagio Cantabile was playing in my head the whole time I was walking around, so that just added to the peaceful feeling. A good morning.
To add to the perfection of the day, we ate lunch at ... guess where ... Zupas. Yum. Yum, yum, yum. How is it possible that I never get tired of that place? My mom is so cooperative to keep going there with me.
As if that were not enough, I then talked my mom into signing up, errrr, letting me sign her up for Facebook. Now both my parents are on Facebook. How techno-savvy are they? Very cool.
And I'm not done yet. This afternoon, my mom, Sharon, and I went to Hale Center Theater Orem to see Singin' in the Rain. I have never seen the movie so I didn't really know what to expect, but it was SO good. The tap dancing was amazing. They created an indoor rainstorm for the famous Singin' in the Rain number. What in the world? Seriously incredible. It was absolutely adorable. Everyone in it was great. If you get a chance, go see it.
Fun day. (Thanks, Mom.) Now I'm off to read my book club book. Somehow I always leave it to the last minute. Always have too much other stuff going on. And if that is my complaint of the day, I guess I'm doing pretty well. :)
1 comment:
What a fun day! I love girls day outs, you can never have to many of those!! I think we should plan another get together with our friends for September, what do ya say?????
Post a Comment