Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Update on the kissing poll

The final results were 18 votes yes and 17 votes no. Just FYI, the correct answer is YES, it was a kiss.

Dictionary definition of a kiss: A light touch or caress with the lips. Notice how there is no mention of puckering or any minimum required duration or even any intent to qualify as a kiss. So you see, almost half of you were wrong.

Obviously, you didn't all agree with me. But the disappointment of the poll results being different from what Eve and I had hoped and expected was more than compensated for by the attacks on Adam's character. I almost felt a tiny bit sorry for him because he is not around to defend himself. But I mostly thought it was funny. He likely turned out to be one of those selfish guys who uses affection for his own purposes.

By the way, I will happily concede that Rodin's idea of a kiss doesn't leave anything up for debate. ;)

Thanks for participating. Watch for the next poll: "How many weekly trips to Zupas is too many?"

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Only you would look up the dictionary definition! No wonder I like you so much! I noticed "yes" is still winning by one vote so at least there is one more sane person than not so sane person looking at your blog. And for the record, no number of trips to Zupa in a week is too many!

Wendy said...

I didn't vote but I would have said yes anyway....