I am babysitting Luke's cousins Koby and Kayson (Kevin's boys), and let's just say I am grateful that I don't have triplet boys. This pic shows a rare moment of calm in today's insanity. Thank goodness for video games! Poor Katie - She has spent a lot of the day clinging to her mom and saying she's "scared of the boys." I don't blame her; I'm a little frightened myself.In other goings on, I have refrained from potty training updates until now, but here's a summary of our lovely week:
Day one: Five accidents, one success. Sheer luck.
Day two: Four accidents, one success. Um, luck again.
Day three: Three accidents, one success. Holding it longer between accidents.
Day four: Three accidents, one success. Surely he'll get it sometime, right?
Day five: Two accidents, two successes. Doing very well at holding it but struggling to master the release. I hear that stage fright is a problem for a lot of boys. (And men, for that matter, LOL!)
Day six: Two accidents, two successes. Started rewarding success with a DumDum sucker. BIG hit.
Day seven (today): No accidents, four successful trips to the potty so far, even while playing with cousins. Hurrah! Now he's just showing off, almost like he's saying, "Hey, Mom, check out my quick release!" I'm getting a little worried that he's purposefully going as often as possible to get more DumDums. We'll see.
So . . . one down, two to go. (That would be #1 down, #2 to go, ha ha.) We all know how much fun potty training is. I personally enjoy it so much that I want to have another child just for the chance to experience it again. In fact, let's make it twins! ;)
1 comment:
potty training is so awful...yet so rewarding when it is done! So glad I am done with that stage for now!
Post a Comment