Seth is at least as funny as his two older brothers. Don't believe me? Read on . . .When Seth was 4, I was teaching Nathan what the word "euphemism" means. Seth misunderstood it slightly. One day, Seth walked into the bathroom just as I was stepping into the shower. He said, "Mom, I saw your euphemism!"
Once I told Seth I needed a hug, and he came running across the room toward me. But right before he got there, he stopped and said, "Mom, you can't always get what you want."
Caleb likes to leave his socks all over the house. One day Nathan told me there were so many socks in the basement, it was like sock paradise. I said that it sounded more like sock purgatory. Seth said, "Actually, it's more like sock laboratory." The basement was making more socks, LOL!
Once I showed Seth on our globe how I flew across the ocean to England. He said, "Wait! The blue is the ocean?" He studied it for a minute and then said, "Well, I don't see any sharks."
When Seth asked why he had to eat whole wheat toast with his breakfast, I told him it's one of the rules of our house. He said, "Mom, you know rules have to be broken."
One night when Luke was really grumpy, I was trying to get the boys to help me set the dinner table quickly. I said, "Nathan is on plate duty, Caleb is on silverware duty, and Seth is on cup duty." Then Seth said, "And Luke is on screaming duty."
When Seth filled out a Mother's Day questionnaire at school, one question was, "What does your mom do all day while you're at school?" Seth's answer? "Takes naps and eats everything."
Seth's take-home book was all about different animals, and it suggested playing a little quiz game at the end. After I quizzed him on a few animals like chicken, frog, and rabbit, Seth said, "Uh, Mom? Could you mix in a few invertebrates to make it less boring?"
Alison and her boys were here the first time I made taco casserole for dinner. After we ate, Alison asked all the boys to rate the new dinner on a scale from 1 to 10. The four older boys all gave it 9, 9.5, or 10. Seth said, "Wait. Do I have to give it at least a 1?"
Caleb said, "Mom, there are two cups in a pint, and there are two pints in a quart, and there are four quarts in a gallon." Seth followed that with, "And there are four gallons in a cow!"
Seth heard a song on Luke's TV show. He said, "Mom, that song says springtime, makes you want to sing time. Well, it does NOT make me want to sing. I only sing about spring if I HAVE to."
Seth and I were playing a duet on the piano, and when I had to play middle C with my right hand, it kind of moved his left hand out of the way. He said, "Hey! I feel kind of uncomfortable when you steal one of my notes!"
Seth was finishing his Spirit Card for Spirit Week at our school. He only had to do something for Achievement. He said, "Come on, Mom! I don't want to achieve anything. The only thing I want to achieve is video games."
I was talking to Seth about increasing his intensity during his basketball games. He said, "Mom, sometimes I just have too many things on my mind."
I was dropping Seth off at a friend's house to play. I told him, "Be polite, and be a good friend." He said, "Mom, I don't even think it's possible for me NOT to do those two things."
Isn't life great with four boys?
5 comments:
Life is great with 4 boys!
LOL! They are all too funny!
So...not a big fan of taco casserole I guess. My favorite is the cow one.
Life is pretty great with 5 boys also! I was just blog stalking and found you yeah! I hope you don't mind if I add you to my list. You can see us @
kimberslucky7.blogspot.com
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone on the 25th!
I miss Seth playing with Clayton! We have to get them together again. He is such a sweet fun boy. Besides, any guy who has "a lot on his mind" during a basketball game that doesn't involve the actual play going on, is a keeper!
Post a Comment