Friday, December 12, 2008

Inspiring.

I didn't want to miss the last day of mild weather, so we went tonight to see the Christmas lights at Temple Square. (I forgot my camera, so these are pics I found online.) We started at our new favorite place, the Nauvoo Cafe, for grilled cheese and bacon sandwiches. We walked around the Main Street Plaza and looked at the international nativities and luminaries. We were there when the lights came on. We listened to the nativity story and heard President Hinckley's testimony at the end of it. Then came the happy/sad tears, LOL!





Seeing the temple lit up at night, with so many lights on the trees, wow. I just wanted to stay there and look at that building and hold on to that feeling. I remember a billboard that had a picture of Temple Square with just one word: Inspiring. That word does it for me.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Can I just say you're about as perfectly perfect as I've every seen. I can't believe you make the time to read a Christmas story each night, blog about it every day, and still go see the lights and attend concerts! And you probably have all your wrapping done and a clean house on top of it! You amaze me and I'm glad you're taking time out for the inspiring things!