Sunday, May 25, 2008

Seth is 7!



I can't believe it! Seth was my baby for almost five years, and now he is 7 years old. He was the sweetest, most angelic baby. He smiled pretty much all the time. I used to think it was because of my great mothering (JK), until I had Luke, who screamed around the clock! Seth used to have huge, deep dimples. They are mostly gone now that he is so SKINNY.

Now my happy baby is a creative, imaginative, fun-loving first grader (almost second grader.) He is still very cheerful and easygoing. Every day, he comes home from school and immediately does his jobs (reading, piano practice, homework, laundry), so that he can get right to the important stuff -- video games. He loves playing "pretend games" too. I've never known a kid with so much imagination. He creates whole worlds with characters to play with. He is perfectly content to play by himself in his pretend worlds. Seth is so quick-witted and just says some of the funniest things.

For Seth's birthday, he wanted two things: a new DS game (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness) and to go to Boondocks. Well, he got the DS game, and watch for pics from Boondocks later this week. He chose banana pancakes for his birthday breakfast, and Caleb tried to talk him into choosing to skip church for his birthday. Nice try, Caleb! (Maybe that's why Caleb looks so sad in the picture -- because we didn't get to skip church. LOL! No, he's just being goofy.) Cousins Haley and Livia came to play and sleep over, because there is no school tomorrow. We had a great day! Happy Birthday, Seth!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

You are such a good mom, Diane. I admire you so much. Can you tell me how to get my kids to do their jobs?

Sharon said...

Cuter! Happy Birthday, Seth! LOL @ Caleb trying to skip church. Classic. (Tell him we skipped church in celebration of Seth's birthday. JK!)

Alison said...

Happy Birthday, Seth!! I remember the day he was born. He was such a cute little baby that has turned into a very cute little boy.

Melissa said...

Seven! Is that possible? I still remember him in your tummy and sharing pregnancy misery stories! Time goes way too fast! I'm so glad he had a wonderful birthday - even with church! He's growing in to such a great boy - maybe he can teach Clayton to do laundry!

Brandee said...

Thanks for having Haley and Livia over to share in the birthday fun - they had a blast! Happy Birthday Seth!