Monday, August 17, 2009

One dream trip down, two to go.

A couple of years ago, I asked the boys where they would choose to go on a trip if they could pick anywhere in the country. Nathan said he would want to go see the Liberty Bell in Pennsylvania. Seth said back to Disneyland. Caleb said Mount Rushmore, and this last weekend, he got his wish! It was pretty neat.

We stayed with my old friends, the Jones family, who live about an hour away from Mount Rushmore. The kids got along swimmingly right from the moment they saw each other. The whole trip was thoroughly enjoyable.


Outside the front entrance

The obligatory picture with Utah's state flag

10 noble faces


I'm so glad my mom came with us! She did my hair in these awesome French under-braids that wrapped around my head. I felt like I needed to learn to yodel, LOL!


We walked the Presidential Trail down and around the Grand View Terrace and came across a new Native American exhibit. The kids had lots of fun playing in and around the tepees.

1 comment:

The State of Our Family said...

That is somewhere I always wanted to see when I was a kid too! I finally saw it in 2002 with Justin and Ethan who was only 18 months. He wasn't all that impressed...go figure!