Monday, August 17, 2009

And a bit of Church history

Halfway through Wyoming, we came to Martin's Cove and the Church's Mormon Handcart Historic Site. It was Sunday, and it was cold and windy, so we didn't get to see or do much, but it was still special to get a chance to stop.

I'm sure there was a great pioneer lesson just waiting to be taught as the boys whined and complained about the cold, but I decided that bolting back to the van to eat lunch was the best course of action, LOL!


4 comments:

Kami said...

What an amazing trip!!! WE had a "family reunion" (since we all live in g-ville we caravand to Wyoming) a few years ago and did the whole Martins Cove pioneer experience-- loved every minute, it was so fun and spiritual. Probably my favorite vacation ever! If you ever get back that way again take a day and pull the hamdcarts and hear the missionaries share the stories, well worth the boring drive through Wyoming! We also hit Mt. Rushmore, glad to say I have seen it in real life! I love that your mom got to go-they always help so much more than they ever know!

Wendy said...

What a fun trip. One your boys will always remember. I love when you can work church history and American history in to the va-cay! Mount Rushmore is on Taylor's "have to see" list too! Thanks for all the tips on other places to hit while you're there.

Jenny said...

I didn't know that you went on a trip. Looks like so much fun!

The State of Our Family said...

I love the way you write...you just crack me up! THANKS!