We had a visit from our old friend the sun today. He may not stay around for long, but it sure was nice to see him! Our family night looked something like this: We started out by reading and marking a scripture passage that was replete with threats of everlasting torment for anyone who continues to tease or fight with their brothers, carefully selected by Mom, completely intended to scare them straight. (I'll keep you posted.) Then we headed outside to enjoy the gorgeous evening and give the trampoline the first spring test.
The boys fully enjoyed showing off their tricks. And I decided it was time to see how my middle-aged body is holding up. For the first few jumps, my knees and ankles creaked and reminded me that I am almost 35. And with every big jump, my bladder reminded me that I have had four children. But even so, I discovered that I've still got it -- my perfect back flip. At least it feels perfect; I'm not really sure it looks so great. Either way, I'm very proud! As Seth exclaimed to his brothers (and probably to most of the neighbors), "Mom is doing back flips. Come and see! It's quite a sight!"

2 comments:
I was hoping for a picture of your backflip!! Looks like a fun night!
Next time hand the camera to the boys and I will judge the backflip :) I am a gymnastics teacher you know!
Post a Comment