Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Do-Over!

Yes, I have had braces before. My parents paid for six of their eight children to go through this lovely process. And how many of us still have straight teeth? Hmmm. . . . Anyone? Anyone? I guess we should have gotten the extended warranty.

So this is my do-over. In 6 to 9 months, my mouth will be nice and tidy, just how I like things. Teeth straight and bite all lined up properly, and this time I am determined to keep them that way.

As much fun as it was to have my mouth held open with funky plastic shoehorns while they filled it with cement and metal, the best part by far was lying for two hours at an angle that sent all my blood rushing to my head and did little to help my sinuses drain. The little suction device that could chugged the whole time, but it wasn't enough. I just wanted to swallow. Torture, my swallow reflex trying and trying in vain. There, I just swallowed a couple of times because I can.

The girl who explained braces care afterwards very helpfully told me that Advil and ibuprofen would both help my pain better than Tylenol would. Wow, Advil AND ibuprofen? I should have asked her how Motrin would compare, LOL!

One quick note - Chewing things is not going well so far. However, I have been successful at sucking on bits of chocolate and leftover pieces of Luke's pop-tart. : )

By the way, do you like the new look of my blog? Sharon was tired of how boring it was and took it on as her latest project. Thanks, seester! : )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the knew blog! I was half way through the forst paragraph and then realised why it looked different! Sounds like you can have my set of braces ( as touch wood I haven't had to have them yet and shouldn't do ) although I have a really big over bite but they won't do it plus it costs so much to do it too!

Unknown said...

Love the new look! You and the blog! lol

The State of Our Family said...

Your braces make you look like a teenager! That's not so bad! I bet people will think your the big sister instead of the mom! :)