Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday musings . . .

Random thoughts, discoveries, and happenings from today:

As I was preparing to teach the Sunbeam lesson entitled, "I am Thankful for Animals," I doubted whether I really am thankful for animals, and I realized that I actually know people who seem to care more about animals than they do about people. That seems a little off to me.

When it is super windy outside, I am thankful that it is not the 80's and that I don't have big bangs I spent 20 minutes styling.

In my Sunbeam class today, I learned that 3 years old is old enough for a boy to know how to produce armpit farts. This was not my own child, but it probably won't be long for him either.

When Nathan just read over my shoulder and saw what I was typing, he started making armpit farts. Very charming.

The above-mentioned 3-year-old boy tried to escape from opening exercises several times, and one time when I grabbed him, the car key I was holding stabbed him in the arm. Oops! But not hard enough to disable the armpit farts.

I discovered that my children never run out of inappropriate topics to bring up while the sacrament is being passed.

Or funny stories to tell the home teachers.

I don't understand why the mom should be expected to stay awake on high council Sunday when all four of her boys are sleeping through sacrament meeting. (Just kidding, it was a great meeting.)

I wonder if I will ever actually have the opportunity to attend Gospel Doctrine again in my lifetime.

The smell of beef stew meat simmering all day is heavenly.

I am thankful for the animal that made it possible for me to eat beef stew today.

Nathan says he should have stopped at three rolls instead of having six. He got his powerful sense of self-restraint from his mother.

I really, really like Betty Crocker ultimate fudge brownies, especially with extra chocolate chips sprinkled on top. I defy anyone to make better brownies from scratch. (Please feel welcome to test me on this, LOL!)

Luke thinks his new little cousin's name is "Baby Emily So Cute."

Luke can twist the frayed end of his ragged blanket so tightly around his thumb that it completely cuts off the circulation.

One of the fun things about having your sister live with you is that you can have random conversations about things like how once when she was 10, she rode with you to Delta for your friend's missionary farewell and she remembers how he grabbed you as you were leaving his house and planted a big old hard smooch on you, and she still remembers how disturbed she was because it seemed a little violent.

When Nathan started to read that over my shoulder but then realized it was about kissing, he made a gagging sound and stopped.

When your sister tells you the main reason she moved in with you was the hope of an occasional home-cooked meal, that is really okay with you.

If you read a talk by Neal A. Maxwell carefully enough, sometimes you can understand parts of it.

When Luke starts coughing uncontrollably, I really wish we had a doctor in the house.

I like listening to reverent music on Sunday morning, and I like jamming out to Bon Jovi on Rock Band with my kids on Sunday night.

I am grateful that my kids didn't understand the lyrics to one of the Rock Band songs I let them sing before I previewed it.

Seth REALLY gets into "Eye of the Tiger" when he is on vocals. And really, who can blame him?

If my computer doesn't have enough memory to play Mafia Wars without freezing, there is no hope for Spore or World of Warcraft.

I need a new computer.

I like to giggle.

When Nathan read THAT over my shoulder, we both started giggling.

The perfect way to end a Sunday is to read aloud to your kids, say prayers and put them to bed, and then watch Twilight with your sister. At least this Sunday. I'll keep you posted about future Sundays. :)

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Hilarious! Thanks so much for dinner and dessert! And for enjoying the late night eye candy with me. :)

See you tomorrow when I get home from the airport. Be ready for Zupa's. Diet, shmiet.

Jenny said...

I'm rolling! I love animals, they're delicious!

Kami said...

Ok, who was the boy from Delta? I think I double dated with you two, I remember the name of the guy I was with it was Clint...Winters I think was his last name. Was this kissing boy his friend? I remember what he looks like but not his name! Let me know, ha ha funny memeories!

Heather said...

This was fun to read! Thanks for sharing!