Sunday, March 8, 2009

Facebook Fun

For anyone who is not on Facebook, what's your deal? You are missing out on a lot of fun! Read on . . .

Today at church when the water tray was passed, I chose the closest cup. It was maybe not all the way full to the top, but that's not unusual. You know, sometimes those teenage boys are lazy. But as I tipped it into my mouth to drink, I became aware of two things very quickly. First, although clear, the liquid inside the cup was much too warm. Second, it was lacking in the faint chlorine flavor that I usually take for granted.

The conclusions I drew led me to post the following as my Facebook status: "Diane is 95% sure that her sacrament cup had toddler spit in it and not water."

Here is where the fun comes in. My status got several comments, all of which made me smile. I'll share a few with you:

"That is so wrong on so many levels."

"Oh sick! Glad you got it and not me :)"

And a super funny comment, "That's okay, toddler spit is pure until the age of 8."

But the best comment came from my dad. (Yes, my dad is on Facebook, how cool is that??) He quoted a scripture: D&C 27:2 -- For, behold, I say unto you, that it mattereth not what ye shall eat or what ye shall drink when ye partake of the sacrament, if it so be that ye do it with an eye single to my glory.

Now, I kind of doubt that the toddler spit was actually in the cup at the time the sacrament was blessed, so I'm not sure if it counts. But that is FUNNY, no? My dad is absolutely hilarious! I'm pretty sure the church is about to announce that a few wards will be selected to pilot using toddler saliva for the whole ward.

The moral of this story is twofold. #1. Be thankful when your sacrament water tastes like chlorine. #2. If you're not on Facebook, get with it!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I know I'v consumed worse things!

The State of Our Family said...

Gross! Do you ever watch Monk? He could so not handle the sacrament.

Melissa said...

This post is great! I loved hearing all the funny responses to your facebook status. I agree - get with it and join the facebook party people!

The Laurence Family said...

Okay, so here's me being OCD. I always go for the corner cups because I figure there's a greater likelihood they do NOT have backwash in them! That's right . . . backwash. Because as people go to deposit their "empty" cups into the hole in the center of the tray, I know that little drops fall into the other cups along the way. DISGUSTING! Trust me, since I was 12 I've watched thousands of people putting those cups into that hole. I just want to know who was the complete moron who designed those trays that way anyway? Why not have the cups in the middle and the deposit hole on the exterior???!!!!???

Craig

Rachel said...

LOL! That is hilarious... and discusting at the same time. So, how 'bout the time on my mission when I was serving in the Amazon jungle, I picked up my sacrament cup looked down and there was a dead ant floating in it. What was I suppose to do? Yup... I swallowed it. I figured I'd probably eaten more bugs than I wanted to think about in my food anyway.