Have you ever had a day where the world just doesn't seem right or fair? And you struggle to find any good feelings in your heart? And you're crazy busy all day, but it doesn't take your mind away from how discouraged you feel? And even though it is a gorgeous fall day, you can't shake the thought of how much sorrow there is in the world? And someone who has really hurt you acts like nothing is wrong and expects you to act the same way? And you wonder why some people think it is okay to use their agency to shatter your life? And you are so weary of faking a happy face that you start to think that maybe being bitter and resentful really IS the answer?
And then . . . a person who doesn't even know the kind of day you're having sends you a darling Halloween cookie bouquet, just because! And maybe it doesn't fix everything, but for that moment, it sure makes you feel better! And it gives you a happy reason to cry for a change, instead of a sad one. Thank you so much -- You know who you are. :)
5 comments:
I hope you are having a better day! We are moving up this weekend. I hope we can get together sometime in the near future :)
I hope you are having a better day too!
Plus, I think you should have also put "you know who you are" about the dumb person who was very rude, opinionated, judgmental and stuck his/her nose in business that had nothing to do with him/her. Because I'm fairly certain that person also secretly reads your blog. ;)
And if THAT person also reads your comments, then I'll say it for you:
You know who you are.
Wow... sorry for the tirade. It's just that I happen to have someone very similar in my life (who probably secretly reads your blog too -- LOL! -- I mean, come on...focus on your own life for once) and know how annoying it is and how it can lead to unnecessary pain. My advice would be to cut ties from anyone who is obviously not genuinely interested in your wellbeing.
Oh, and about the cookies, what's up with them putting white frosting on only the tops of the cookies? Slackers. They are very cute though!
I don't know who or what all that was about...LOL (believe it or not, Diane does not tell private stuff to her family, when it can be helped), but I just have to say, "Would everyone (secret readers or not) please just be nice to Diane, and if you can't... just try to remember the 'Golden Rule'..*wink* She doesn't deserve un-needed stress right now!
You are a wonderful mother Diane, and I'm amazed how you are handling all that you are dealing with. You'll be blessed for it...I just know it! So don't worry (easy for me to say) what others say or think. You're doing the best you can, and that's all anyone can do. Love you much! --Karen
Your post made me super happy and super sad at the same time. I think about you all the time and how AMAZING you are despite some of the things your dealing with right now. I know I couldn't be as strong as you and it made me sad that you think you have to show a fake happy face. You can show me your real face anytime - that's what true friends are for. I remember several times when you saw my very real face after I had Clayton - I'm always glad to return the favor. And I'm SO happy someone sent you a cookie bouquet!
Post a Comment