Just a quick post to let you know we haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Our days are full, but I haven't remembered to get any pics, so this will be boring. Anyway, here is a rundown of our fall schedule:
- Nathan has team tennis workouts twice a week and basketball skills classes once a week.
- Caleb has three flag football practices every week, plus a game every Saturday.
- Seth has a soccer practice and a soccer game every week.
Add to that Scouts, homework, reading, piano practice, household chores, finding time for friends and all-important video games, trying to get to bed at a decent time on school nights, plus my PTA insanity (which would be crazy enough all by itself), and it all makes for a very busy life! This schedule will continue for a couple more weeks, and then we should have some semblance of relative calm.
Okay, now to the title of the post. I got this idea from a write-your-personal-history site: Choose three unforgettable days/moments from your life and record them. Then after you've done that, choose three more, and do it as many times as you want. So I thought about it, and here are my first three:
#1. May 6, 1994 - Being in the temple the day I got married. (Okay, this might seem like an odd choice right now, but I love remembering everything that happened that day, being surrounded by people I love, how I felt. It represents so much of what I believe and how I want to live. It is a wonderful, incredible memory, recent events notwithstanding.)
#2. May 7, 1997; December 23, 1998; May 25, 2001; December 27, 2005 - Very predictable. And I know I'm a big, fat cheater for using four days in one. But being a mother is the most important thing in this world to me, so I had to choose the four moments that I became someone's mother.
#3. November 25, 2006 - Beck to Harline. 'Nuff said.
So that about covers it -- #1 represents the gospel, the temple, covenants, family. #2 is my kids. #3 is BYU. There are many others I could have picked for #3, but there is just nothing that compares to that one instant when despair turned to elation. LOL! I feel a little guilty about not putting anything about England. That would be in my next three.
So . . . what are YOUR three moments?
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Great! Why aren't you calling me back? Call me!
Yay - I was glad to see a post today! I love the "three moments" idea and will be stealing it promptly.
I had to google "Beck to Harline". LOL!
Life is crazy busy isn't it! Three practices a week - no wonder Clayton's flag football team isn't any good! I'm glad your just busy and haven't actually fallen off the face of the earth!
I love the three moments thing. However, it finally brought out a huge difference in our characters - as much as I love BYU, I would never have anything football (or sports) related in my three moments unless it was Clayton making the play! Oh well - I still luv ya!
Post a Comment