Thursday, July 23, 2009

Gisela's Garden

While my next-door neighbor is out of town this week, we are taking care of her beautiful garden. We benefit from her hard work every year -- she shows up regularly at our front door with fresh veggies. This is the first time we've seen actually seen her garden since our fence went up six years ago, and it is amazing! Wow, she is one seriously lazy good-for-nothing, LOL!

The boys have loved helping water the blackberries and rosebushes and picking peas, onions, and zucchini. They have all decided what they want to grow in our garden next year. Yeah, I'll get right on that. I guess this is a good time to advertise that I have a gardener position available for next summer, for anyone who is looking for a rewarding, very-low-paying job. ;)

Just one question -- is it possible to eat too many peas? If so, I just might find out this week. Yummy!

2 comments:

Kami said...

Gardens are sooooo much work! This is our first year at being gardeners. Yeah, it is really not working out so well. We have had some delicious strawberries but everything else I am not quite sure about. I look at other peoples gardens and I think "Oh that is suppose to get that big?" When is "harvest" season because we have a long way to go!

Kami said...

I was going to go into Karens blog and see what she has been up to, but she is private--- If you could would you ask her on my behalf if she would add me to her list of accepted viewers!!!! I am not sure what she needs my e-mail is kdekins@msn.com Thanks